Author Topic: Windows 10 Drivers are becoming the main Windows 10 launch issue  (Read 434 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
So it’s becoming pretty clear that Windows 10 Drivers are becoming the main Windows 10 launch issue.

An unscientific look at the majority of issues being reported to us in our Windows 10 questions section shows that the majority of questions coming through basically go like this:

I installed Windows 10 and my [insert vendor name] or [windows utility] isn’t working anymore, can you help me?
This should not be a shock to anyone and the blogs cover this like it’s a big deal. It isn’t.

With every Windows upgrade, there are hundreds of thousands of applications and utilities that have to be upgraded as well. For many large vendors, it’s easy and they work with Microsoft to make that happen.

For a smaller software or hardware company, it’s not that easy. They have to do their best to test with limited budgets and not a lot of time.

Think about all the testing you have to do to make sure your application or utility can work with Windows 10.

You have to make sure it can work with Windows 10 and then make sure it can work with Windows 10 and Office and then make sure it works with Windows 10, Office, Adobe etc

You basically have to try and do reasonable regression and QA tests to make sure your stuff doesn’t break on a bunch of combinations and permutations of Microsoft and their partners apps.

This always takes a little time to filter out and there will always be hiccups in the beginning. If you’re going through a software conflict right now, it will get resolved. It may just take a little time.

source