Author Topic: Windows 8 Release date: 2012 (Estimated)  (Read 5725 times)

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Windows 8 Release date: 2012 (Estimated)
« on: March 14, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »
Inside Ms info-Classified!! + extra info:
This article or section contains information about scheduled or expected future software.
The content may change as the software release approaches and more information becomes available.

Windows 8
(Part of the Microsoft Windows family)
Developer
Microsoft
Release information
Release date: 2012 (Estimated)
Source model: Closed source
License: Microsoft EULA
Kernel type: Hybrid Kernel

Windows 8 is a future version of Microsoft Windows, expected for release in 2012 or later.
It will succeed Windows 7.
It will be built on the same kernel MinWin in which the Windows 7 is being developed

In Windows 8, there is going to be a complete overhaul of the user interface.
A new user experience is being developed for Windows 8.
According to some sources, Windows 8 will not include Windows Explorer

Windows 8 is planned to bring a revamp of Windows Test Technologies (WTT), the technologies used to test Windows. The WTT team wants to address all the major testing problems by developing a "truly scalable and reliable testing infrastructure.”
riso

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:05:42 PM by riso »

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Re: Windows 8 Release date: 2012 (Estimated)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »
i am glad we will be among the first to get in...can't wait

wayne

Offline Jake

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 12:51:13 AM »
Will they finally do away with the registry or at least make it self-cleaning?  A few people suggested MS use a SQL Server as the new registry, and since you mentioned a SQL Server being deep in the core... makes sense...
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Offline ChristianW7

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 04:39:33 AM »
So what will they replace Windows Explorer with?

Offline vastac13

• "why use if it's still broken?"
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
In Windows 8, there is going to be a complete overhaul of the user interface.
A new user experience is being developed for Windows 8.
According to some sources, Windows 8 will not include Windows Explorer

wonder what is teh new user experience is being developed for windows 8...

hmm can't wait... by that time 22 nm octocores cpu is rolling the streets...

Offline lollebol

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:07 PM »
A few writers wrote on their site that the MinWin kernel is still under heavy development and it could take some time.
So Windows 7 will not be build on top of this kernel, but it still uses the same kernel as vista, only upgraded.

-- Correct me if i'm wrong --
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:08:54 PM by lollebol »

Offline thenanoguy

• the nano dude
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »
vastac ,dude, you may see 80 cores per chip processors by then, 640 bit per core interface, running on 640 pipelines efficiency, at 2 Ghz, capable of calculating the first 32 milion digits of pi in just a few miliseconds.
and also graphic cards with 1024 processor cores and 1-2 Tb/s of memory brandwidth on 640 bit interface
solid state 3" single level cell drives capable of reading and writting at 1 Tb/s
mdr memories(multiple data rate) on 640 bit interface and 1 Tb/s based on the same silicon technolgy as ssd ram-type drives
motherboard chipsets capable of linking and controling data flows and devices without  CPU involved
and i don't think it will exist 22 nm silicon technologies....each technology has its limits,right?

why so serious?

Offline cwl7454

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 01:35:40 AM »
Well, we already know that Dell is running 196 or 198 GB DDR3. Can't remember the exact details, but real close. At my age brain can only retain so much, the in & out factor; If a detail goes in, 2 details goes out.

Offline danailed

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »
Wow and im still adjusting to Windows 7   ;D
Can't wait till i see 8 but i think its gonna require a newer PC... should have one by then ::)

Offline vastac13

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 08:55:10 PM »
lol on nanoz post... were still on 45nm transition and by 2010 there will be a 32nm process on the same architecture by intel(if they still go by their roadmap) and new architecture base on 32nm on 2011 and by 2012 22nm transition on the same architecture..

I dream by that time we are having a SoC(system on chip) platform wherein all of the major components of the computer were jam-pack on the small chip the size we see on the common cpu today..

On topic.

Windows 8 will be a new OS definitely.. using the modern language.. C# F# whatever they called it (I only familiar on C and C++)
It'll be a must see OS by Microsoft... and hoping by that time I'll still be able to beta test it ;D

Offline thenanoguy

• the nano dude
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 06:45:37 AM »
Windows 8 when introduced will be a totally new OS definitely.. using the current language or a mixture of languages (i.e. C# F# whatever they called it) will be determined by Microsoft, and we will have to wait and see.  Lets hope that we will be in a position to Beta that new OS of the future. I am only familiar with C and C++ putting the learning curve on me to stay intune with the languages of the times.

We both would be speculating on what the future holds in the advancement of technology and I am certain that determination lies in the hands of of the chipset, hardware, and software manfactuers of the world.

edited for content by JavaJolt Super Moderator
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:06:42 PM by JavaJolt »
why so serious?

Offline vastac13

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »
 All of the large Technology Companies around the world have their business plan or roadmap
as many refer to it.  These roadmaps lay out how and when developments will be released, after
it has been  tested and proven to perform.

They all have a wildcard (a technology ready for the public) that can be released to counter
a release by a competitor.  Intel has its Havendales (projected release Q3 2009) in the wings
ready to go, and rest assured AMD has something to bring out to draw attention to their product.

I am a student who likes technology and search it out on the web to stay in touch on up coming
products to share and learn from this forum.  I am not associated with Intel and cannot make
any difference to their research or development.

sigh very outtopic post by me...sory for that riso  :-/

this response has been edited for content by JavaJolt

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:07:28 PM by JavaJolt »