Author Topic: Mac Chrome Delays "Disappointing" says Google's Brin  (Read 915 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Mac Chrome Delays "Disappointing" says Google's Brin
« on: October 24, 2009, 06:21:11 AM »

Google co-founder Sergey Brin says he's disappointed with how long its taken his company to develop a Macintosh version of its Chrome browser. He did not, however, comment on why development has taken so long.

"The timing of that has been one of the disappointments of Chrome project for me," said Brin, quoted in TG Daily. "I am using Chrome for Mac [and] a Mac version is available for the public, but it's only an early developer version, not in a real beta testing for the public."

Brin made the remark Thursday, during a surprise appearance at the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco. Chrome has been available on Windows for 13 months. (Here is our recent first look at Chrome 3.0 for Windows).

Mac users who'd like to do as Brin does--use an app that Google warns people against using--can visit this page where Google warns potential Chrome users:

"An early developer channel version is now available! While it's not at beta quality (in particular, it can't print yet and plugin support isn't quite stable), it is coming along nicely. If you want to try it right now, see Early Access Release Channels for download instructions."

Would-be Mac Chrome users are also asked to provide their e-mail address so Google can notify them someday when a beta-quality version of Chrome for Mac becomes available.