Author Topic: Here's What We Learned at Google I/O  (Read 79 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Here's What We Learned at Google I/O
« on: May 11, 2023, 10:33:57 PM »

At Google I/O, the search giant’s annual developers conference, the company on Wednesday previewed new phones, a tablet, Android 14, and many updates to its popular software and services. Google spent the majority of its keynote address discussing AI and how it plans to integrate it into just about every product it makes.

As interesting as AI sounds, it was the Pixel Fold, Google’s first foldable phone, that really drew my attention. My colleague Lisa Eadicicco got to spend a few minutes with it after the announcement, and if her pictures and video are any indications, I think it’s going to be super cool.

The Fold looks like a regular phone when in its compact position, but opens up to reveal a 7.6-inch tablet. Sure, the device might be a little chunky when it's closed and the screen might have a bit of a crease in the middle during tablet mode, but overall, it seems like a real step forward in terms of design.

At $1,799, I’m not sure this is a device that I would personally purchase. But I’m excited about the direction the Fold and other dual-screen phones are taking the mobile industry in. It’s time for phones to be exciting again, and this time it's offerings from Google and Samsung -- and not Apple -- leading the way.

For more Please see Google I/O's Big Reveals: Pixel Fold, Pixel 7A, Android 14, AI and More

source = cnet
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:07:43 PM by javajolt »