Author Topic: 10-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet Coming in 2011  (Read 687 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
10-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet Coming in 2011
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »

New Galaxy Tab Mentioned for First Half of 2011 by Samsung Ireland General Manager

After seeing that HP Slate Windows 7 tablet video review earlier we can only appreciate the Samsung Galaxy Tab even more. Samsung’s first tablet is definitely a great iPad alternative. The 7-inch device hasn’t even been shipped to consumers yet but it definitely shows us how an iPad-killer should look and feel like.

And if you’re excited about this particular Android baby then you’re going to be even happier to hear that Samsung plans to make as 10-inch version of the Galaxy Tab and launch it at some point in the first half of the year. The news comes all the way from Samsung’s Ireland General Manager and it seems to be a great managerial decision. A 7-inch tablet will be great for some people, but I’m more in favor of a larger display, and a 10-inch touchscreen panel seems better suited for tablets to me, Galaxy Tab included.

Samsung did tell us in the past that other Galaxy Tab versions are in the making and I guess we shouldn’t be that surprised to hear that a 10-inch Tab is in the works. Besides the change in size we also expect this particular tablet to be equipped by a more tablet-dedicated Android OS, say Gingerbread or Honeycomb. After all, Google did say that current Android versions aren’t exactly tablet-friendly.

Last but not least, this 10-inch Galaxy Tab news also makes us wonder why Samsung didn’t launch a bigger tablet at first and then offer smaller flavors? Apple is rumored to make a 7-inch iPad for those people that think a 9.7-inch tablet is too big, and Samsung was said, at a certain point, that its current Galaxy Tab model is going to fight against that particular iPad model. But who’s fighting the original iPad, the one that’s making a killing in stores, right now?