Author Topic: (Discussion) Windows 10 Technical Preview  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Samtastic

• I do Windows, Mac, iOS and Video Games
    • Wordpress Sam's Site
(Discussion) Windows 10 Technical Preview
« on: October 01, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »
Here you can discuss about the Technical Preview. So far, I'm download the EN-GB x64 ISO and about to install it on my Novatech laptop. Hope everything goes well. Post your experiences on how you got on with the Technical Preview below!

Update: I am planned to do a clean install and I'm having problems burning the ISO to DVD. Using a different ISO burner as Windows ISO burner can't burn it. I'll post a screenshot of Windows 9 on my desktop once I have it installed.

Update: I'm on Windows 10 now!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:58:21 PM by Sam »
Sam
Windows News & Info Super Moderrator
Video game Reporter
Youtube.co.uk/Samlaptop950 (Electronic Games High Scores and Gameplay,)
Oddworld and other video games walkthroughs, Speedruns and Tool Assisted Runs)
Twitch.tv/Samtastic95 (Speedruns and playthroughs)

Offline vargi

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »
can you help mi i download windows 10,on my laptop i have windows8.1 but ven i extrakt iso file i become iso file coruptet!i downloaded directli from microsoft site
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:08:38 PM by javajolt »

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
When you download the iso file there is nothing to extract.  Once downloaded you need to burn the iso file onto a disk.  I use Imgburn to accomplish this.

Once the iso file has been burned it should be a bootable disk, simply place it in the machine you wish to install Windows Technical Preview on start the machine and follow the on screen instructions.

Here are the Direct Download Links x86x64

I installed it in approx. 9 minutes on my laptop from start to restart.

Hope this helps,
Wayne
System Administrator

Offline phat vapor

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 03:09:17 AM »
i,m using windows 10 as my main os and i f*cking love it

* edit
Admin
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:24:33 AM by riso »

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 02:27:34 AM »
I have now installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on my desktop and Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise on my laptop.  Honestly I have the same feeling I did about Windows 7 Release Candidate in 2009 when I first downloaded and installed it.

Windows 7 RC was fast, stable, and reliable out of the box, and this is exactly how I view Windows 10 Technical Preview.  Granted W10TP has only been out for 3 days, nor am I naive enough to fall for a pretty face whose makeup is immaculate.  I will continue working with it, and trying things discovered from the various sites I review and report from until the General Availabilty Release.

I like many of you will be doing the same and hopefully post your experiences on our forum so other members and guests might benefit from what you learned.

Things that we all will need to know, is software that works or does not work, corrupt drivers, crashes and steps taken to resolve crashes and unwanted hangups.

Offline Samtastic

• I do Windows, Mac, iOS and Video Games
    • Wordpress Sam's Site
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 01:03:48 PM »
I have now installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on my desktop and Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise on my laptop.  Honestly I have the same feeling I did about Windows 7 Release Candidate in 2009 when I first downloaded and installed it.

Windows 7 RC was fast, stable, and reliable out of the box, and this is exactly how I view Windows 10 Technical Preview.  Granted W10TP has only been out for 3 days, nor am I naive enough to fall for a pretty face whose makeup is immaculate.  I will continue working with it, and trying things discovered from the various sites I review and report from until the General Availabilty Release.

I like many of you will be doing the same and hopefully post your experiences on our forum so other members and guests might benefit from what you learned.

Things that we all will need to know, is software that works or does not work, corrupt drivers, crashes and steps taken to resolve crashes and unwanted hangups.

Same. There has been a few bugs such as the not creating account after a clean install which after a reboot it setup fine. Plus I do get an error on my laptop when it shuts down Windows. My favorite Windows OS is now Windows 10. Windows 7 was the best at it's time but I think Windows 10 is going to sell well. I like the start menu, the multiple desktop feature. So far Windows 10 is like an improved Windows 8. This is what Windows 8 should have been like.
Sam
Windows News & Info Super Moderrator
Video game Reporter
Youtube.co.uk/Samlaptop950 (Electronic Games High Scores and Gameplay,)
Oddworld and other video games walkthroughs, Speedruns and Tool Assisted Runs)
Twitch.tv/Samtastic95 (Speedruns and playthroughs)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »
Being a Technical Preview (Beta) we can all expect a few bugs or hiccups along the way.
I have noticed signing into W8NI even though "Forever" is highlighted, I still have to sign back in once I turn off or restart my computer. The same happens to my gmail, outlook acct. and private email.
I am certain these little annoyances will be addressed in future builds.

Offline littlemax9

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:52 AM »
I am skipping installing this build on my PC's as i am on limited mobile internet and can afford to download newer builds every time its released so i will look and see here when its more stable and features added then try a local wifi spot and download. Keep it up boys and happy reading on your findings.

“People liked NASCAR because the constant crashes made it exciting, and this gave me an idea...” - Bill Gates on Microsoft Windows