Author Topic: Here Is A Simple Tip To Boot Directly To All Apps View In Windows 8.1 Preview  (Read 287 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 8.1 comes with a dedicated option that allows users to skip the Start screen and boot directly to the desktop when they start their computers or Windows powered devices.

Additionally, a separate setting opens up the possibility of launching an “All Apps” mode on the Start screen that displays all the applications installed on a computer. This mode aims to provide an easily access to the software programs from one single screen.

But what if you want to keep the default Boot to Start Screen option turned on, and instead of the Live Tiles interface go straight to the All Apps view? Well, there’s a handy little trick for this.

To achieve this, you will need to set the All Apps vide mode as the default on the Start Screen, so that your new operating system takes you straight to this mode once you boot up.

Simply right click on the Taskbar, select Properties and then go to the Navigation tab. Here look into the Start screen section at the bottom of the screen. Now enable the “Show the Apps view automatically when I go to Start” and you are almost done.

Just ensure that you have not enabled the “Go to desktop instead of Start when I sign in” option, as this would automatically take you to the desktop instead of the Start screen every time you boot up.

Reboot your computer and check out your new configuration.

The All Apps view mode is pretty nifty for power user, and those that have a ton of apps installed. Even though the Start screen has been designed to be easier to manage, fact is that it can get a bit cluttered as more and more applications are installed.